Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow for me mate Dean


I filmed this outside our bedroom window on the 7th of Jan. While it has been snowing this week, there hasn't been enough (or it hasn't been cold enough) to carpet the streets again.

The first time I experienced snow falling here was whilst xmas shopping on Regent Street - I was somewhere between Hamleys and Anthropologie. You may think that means I was xmas shopping for myself BUT I promise you I walked out of those places with presents for OTHER KIDS/PEOPLE! That's not to say I didn't have a play in either store..

Back to the snow - I just wanted to say that 1st snow moment was magical. There was much xmas cheer (as well as retail therapy) going on around me and I saw loads of people stopping to take photos of the snow with their phone cameras.

White Christmas - CHECK!

3 comments:

Dean said...

A Marvelous effort that! I heard they had been having huge falls of snow in europe and thought you must be getting some. Thanks for your call too, sorry I missed you again. I have bad timing. Hope you both had a pleasant holiday period. By the way the video isn't working but there was a picture which was fine.

Dean said...

Great news the video started working - maybe it was our internet connection. I saw snow falling cooooooool and cold. Thanks

anna said...

hehe London is chaos when it snows! Only the main streets seem to get salted. Got some good snow stories from France over xmas too that I'll have to write about. Will try calling again soon, perhaps you may even be there this time! hehehe..
btw, you should talk to your IT ppl about that slow internets..