Thursday, May 14, 2009

Covent Garden, Again.

I picked up 2 very large punnets of strawberries for just £2 from the fruit seller in Covent Garden. Tonight we ate strawberries to our hearts' content and there's still a punnet left.

Also in Covent Garden today, we discovered the Real Food Market - a gourmet food market and taste tester heaven! After I was done dipping bits of bread into various pestos, balsamic vinegars, tahinis, sampling pastries, tortellinis, and smelling truffles (deep breath) Ad and I picked out a rather smelly, yellow and wrinkly cheese to bring home. It tasted very good however. 



The guy did tell us the name of the cheese but of course we don't remember what it was. Besides being smelly, yellow and wrinkly I can also tell you that it oozes when cut into. More oozy than Brie, that is until you get into the centre where it's firmer - not oozy at all in fact. I can also tell you that it's 6 weeks old. If anyone can identify it for me, please comment!

Those of you who know me well, know that I do not feel complete till I've had something sweet. I am very pleased to report that I feel very complete today.





No comments: