Tuesday, August 4, 2009

We'll Always Have Soseki..

Wow, it's kinda hard to start the blogging again after a break. As such I had to dig into the events archive to find something inspiring and what I found was photos of Soseki.. 

About a month ago we had dinner with Michelle and Dylan at a Japanese restaurant called Soseki, situated right next to the Gherkin. I'm talking you look out the window and it is right in your face. You know I think every single pane of glass is curved on that building? Yet there are still windows that open. That's pretty cool right? Anyhow Michelle headed off for some more traveling on the weekend and we didn't get a chance to say goodbye, so I'll just say "Soseki" instead..


"The scallop is really sweet" - Michelle
Sashimi, Tofu Soup, Egg Custard


Sushi, Radish Salad


Caramelised Pork


I'm struggling to remember what flavour sorbet this was, I think it was blood peach. I do remember that it was very good though. Truffles were also very good also, except the green tea one.. but I don't like green tea so it was probably good for green tea lovers.


All these pics were taken with the iPhone 3G which struggles in low light. Hopefully you can still make out the raised hutches in this photo which Michelle tells are are little private dining rooms! You climb a ladder to get into them and then sit on bamboo mats apparently. Cool eh?

Needless to say the food was very artistically presented. Colour and composition was amazing. Food was light and delicate (though possibly a little too light??). We all agreed that £30pp for this 10 or 12 (I can't remember) plate meal was well priced but wouldn't pay £60pp for it which is what it usually costs.

20 Bury Street
London
EC3A 5AX
020 7821 9211

No comments: